Your smile is your greatest and most precious asset. Spending time and effort enhancing it can help you in the long run. It helps maintain your overall appearance. Dental crowns are one such restorative procedure that helps restore your damaged teeth, maintain your oral health, and improve your smile.
The dental crowns in Buffalo Grove are of premium quality with increased durability and longevity that restore a badly damaged tooth to its original form, function, and aesthetics.
Introduction to dental crowns
A dental crown is a prosthetic restoration that is customized to fit over a damaged or weakened tooth. It resembles a natural tooth in shape and color, providing strength and protection and improving appearance. These are made up of different materials like metal (nickel or chromium alloys), stainless steel, resin, ceramic, or porcelain.
Dental crowns are a versatile solution that can address a cascade of dental issues such as:
- Tooth decay
- A severely decayed or diseased tooth beyond repair through regular fillings will require a dental crown.
- This prevents the tooth from further damage.
- Fractured or broken teeth
- A dental crown can effectively restore the strength and appearance of teeth that have been chipped, cracked, or broken.
- Large fillings
- Large fillings can compromise the structural integrity of the tooth.
- Thus, a crown can hold it together in place and prevent secondary disease or damage.
- Aesthetic enhancement
- Crowns are also used for cosmetic purposes, such as to improve the appearance of discolored, misshapen, or poorly aligned teeth.
- Root canal treatment
- A root canal treatment will leave your tooth structure in a compromised state due to the removal of the pulp tissue and emptying the canal chambers. Such teeth are brittle and susceptible to fractures.
- Such teeth are protected through a dental crown to regain strength and resilience.
Significant benefits of dental crowns
Dental crowns are gaining traction in the field of restorative and cosmetic dentistry due to the following benefits:
- Crowns provide a protective barrier to prevent further damage to a weakened or damaged tooth.
- Restoration of the function
- Crowns mimic your natural tooth structure, thereby restoring its functionality.
- The crowns help you bite and chew comfortably like before.
- Aesthetic enhancement
- Misshapen and discolored teeth can negatively impact your oral aesthetics.
- Crowns are recommended when procedures like teeth whitening and veneers fail to camouflage such dental flaws.
- Dental crowns are known for their durability and longevity since they provide a long-term solution to dental issues.
- With proper care and oral hygiene, crowns can last up to 15 years.
If you are looking for permanent restorative solutions to your dental problems, then crowns are the most affordable and convenient option for you.